- Life Style
- Comparison of international sea transportation and air transportation and precautions
In international trade, international logistics plays a crucial role, mainly including air and sea transportation.transportation calculation Air freight, or air transport, is mainly used to transport goods by air, while sea freight is used to transport goods on water by ship. This paper will explore the differences between air transport and sea transport, and make suggestions on matters to be considered when choosing these two modes of transportation.
1. The main differences between air and sea transportation
(1) Transportation management tools: air transport enterprises rely on the aircraft of aviation limited companies to realize the transportation of goods from China's airports to airports; maritime transport relies on the ships of shipping companies to realize the services of our port-to-port transportation system.
(2) The main body of transportation: the main body of air transportation, by the major airlines and logistics companies (such as Air Canada, American Airlines, British Airways, etc.) is responsible for the transportation of goods to their destinations; shipping by large shipping companies (such as Maersk and Wing Wing) is responsible for,Intra Asia Routes and will be transported to the designated location.
(3) logistics timeliness: due to differences in means of transportation, air and sea transport to the same country there are significant differences in time efficiency. Air transportation by airplane is faster, while sea transportation is slower.
(4)Logistics cost:Air transportation is faster, but the freight cost is more expensive, so the freight cost is relatively expensive; Sea transportation cost is lower, so the freight cost is lower.
(5) Inspection: Air transportation is inspected at the time of delivery, following the principle of "first inspection and then warehousing", which is fast; sea transportation may require lifting and digging of boxes and other operations, which is time-consuming and costly, and may also generate additional inspection fees and handling fees.
(6) Customs clearance process: both in the customs clearance process is similar, but there is a big difference in the development of time management efficiency issues. Air transportation customs clearance can usually be completed within 1-2 days,pallet transport cost while sea transportation takes 3-4 days or more. In addition, ocean freight requires more students in terms of miscellaneous fees and the technical aspects of filing documents, for example, Chinese exports to the U.S. need to be declared through the AMS system, while air freight does not need to be declared.
Suggestions and Considerations for Air Transportation
(1) Small parcels and document baggage are suitable for air transportation and can arrive quickly to meet urgent needs.
(2) Prior to air cargo transportation, it is important to know the type, weight and size of the cargo and book space to keep track of flight departure times.
(3) Adopt appropriate packing method according to the regulations of airlines and the nature of cargo.
(4) Keep track of the information carried out by the Chinese cargo, including the relevant data information and freight logistics bill number received by the consignee or shipment manager half an hour before take-off.
(5) For security reasons, overweight or overweight items or certain items (e.g. liquids, flammable items and explosives) may not be transported by air.
Cargo can only be picked up approximately two and a half hours after arrival.
Suggestions and considerations for sea transportation
(1) Avoid large contracts with unfamiliar shipping companies and choose a reputable freight forwarder.
(2) Transportation market price should be confirmed in writing.
(3) Check the bill of lading information carefully to ensure that it matches with the contract and correct errors in time.
(4) Pay attention to the ship configuration to avoid cargo omission.
(5) The chartering of the whole ship should be participated by professionals instead of complicated contract processing by professionals themselves.
(6) The details of package cooperation should be provided in writing, and no further payment should be made at the time of payment.
(7) Choosing a good freight forwarder is more important than choosing a shipping company.
(8) Customers with good credit are more likely to receive telex bills of lading.
9 . Avoid the commercial fraud of backfilling bill of lading.
(10) Apply for necessary insurance in time and supplement it according to the actual situation of the goods.
(11) When using wooden pallets, check whether the customs of the destination country has fumigation requirements.
(12) Small shipping companies are inexpensive, but they are in danger of disappearing.
In summary, international air and sea transportation have their own advantages and limitations. When choosing a mode of transportation, one should consider the nature, timeliness and cost of the goods and pay attention to the above suggestions and precautions to ensure that the goods can reach the destination safely and efficiently.