It’s been a little over a year since we published our last Soundbar roundup, and in that time there have been some big changes in the world of soundbars. New manufacturers have entered the market, established brands have released new products, and the technology behind soundbars has continued to evolve. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the biggest changes in soundbars over the past year, and how they’ve affected the products available on the market. We’ll also touch on some of the new technologies that are starting to make their way into soundbars, and how they could shape the future of the product category.
One of the biggest changes in soundbars over the past year has been the influx of new manufacturers. While there were only a handful of brands making soundbars a few years ago, that number has now grown to over a dozen. This increase in competition has been great for consumers, as it has led to a wider variety of products to choose from, and more aggressive pricing. It’s also resulted in some really innovative products, as manufacturers strive to differentiate their offerings in a crowded market.
Another big change in soundbars over the past year has been the introduction of new technologies. One of the most notable is Dolby Atmos, which offers a much more immersive sound experience than traditional surround sound systems. Another is DTS:X, which is similar to Dolby Atmos but uses different technology. Both of these technologies are still relatively new, but they’re starting to become more common in soundbars, and we expect them to have a big impact on the product category going forward.
The 9 Best Soundbars For Your TV That Were Released in 2018
If you're looking for the best soundbar to go with your TV, 2018 was a great year for releases. Here are 9 of the best soundbars that hit the shelves this year:
1. Samsung HW-N950: This 7.1.4 channel soundbar is one of the most advanced and powerful on the market. It offers Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support, as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
2. Yamaha YAS-207BL: This soundbar is a more affordable option that still offers great features, such as virtual surround sound, Bluetooth connectivity, and an included subwoofer.
3. Sonos Playbar: The Playbar is a popular choice for those who want great sound without all the bells and whistles. It's a simple, easy-to-usesoundbar that delivers excellent audio quality.
4. Bose SoundTouch 300: The SoundTouch 300 is another great option for those looking for high-quality audio without all the extras. It offers Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, as well as built-in Alexa voice control support.
5. Polk Audio Signa S2: The Signa S2 is a budget-friendly option that doesn't sacrifice quality or features. It includes Bluetooth connectivity and an included subwoofer, making it a great choice for anyone on a budget.
6. Vizio SB3621n-E8M:
7 Reasons Why You Need a Soundbar
If you're looking to improve your home theater experience, a soundbar is a great addition. Here are seven reasons why you should consider adding one to your setup:
1. They're more affordable than ever.
2. They're easy to set up and use.
3. Soundbars provide much better sound quality than your TV's built-in speakers.
4. You'll hear dialogue more clearly with a soundbar.
5. A soundbar can greatly improve the audio of movies and TV shows.
6. Music sounds fantastic on a soundbar.
7. Soundbars are a great way to upgrade your home theater without breaking the bank.
Top 10 Best Soundbars of 2019
The soundbar market has exploded in recent years, with new models and features appearing at a rapid pace. It can be hard to keep up with the latest developments, but we've got you covered. Here are our picks for the top 10 best soundbars of 2019:
1. Samsung HW-N950: This 7.1.4 channel soundbar is one of the most feature-packed on the market, offering Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support, as well as built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
2. Sonos Beam: The Beam is a powerful and compact soundbar that offers excellent value for money. It supports both Dolby Atmos and HDR10, and includes Alexa voice control for easy operation.
3. Yamaha YAS-209: This affordable soundbar delivers a solid performance, with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback. It also features built-in Amazon Alexa voice control for added convenience.
4. Vizio SB46514-G6: This 5.1.4 channel soundbar is one of the most affordable options on the market that still delivers an impressive audio experience. It includes support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback, as well as Chromecast built-in for easy streaming from your mobile device.
5. LG SL9YG: This premium 4K HDR soundbar from LG offers exceptional audio quality, thanks to its Meridian technology. It also supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback, and includes built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth for easy streaming.
6. Polk Audio Signa S3: This budget-friendly soundbar offers a great value for money, with a solid performance and support for popular surround sound formats.
7. JBL Bar 5.1: This affordable 4K HDR soundbar offers excellent value for money, with support for popular surround sound formats and built-in Chromecast connectivity.
8. Sony HT-ST5000: This premium 7.1.2 channel soundbar from Sony offers an exceptional audio experience, thanks to its Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support. It also includes built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity for easy streaming from your mobile device.
9. Bose Soundbar 700: This sleek and stylish soundbar from Bose offers excellent audio quality, thanks to its innovative technologies. It also supports popular surround sound formats, and includes built-in Alexa voice control for added convenience.
10. Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar: This premium 5.1.4 channel soundbar from Sennheiser offers an exceptional audio experience, thanks to its Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support. It also includes built-in wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity for easy streaming from your mobile device.
Related Hot Topic
Do soundbars merit the cost?
Yes, soundbars are worthwhile investments because they greatly improve your audio quality and outperform your TV speaker. They also have additional practical functions that can connect to other media appliances in your home. A soundbar placed in front of your TV does a great job of enhancing the sound.
A 5.1 soundbar: Is it pricey?
Sound Performance The stats alone suggest that a 5.1 soundbar will provide far more value than a 2.1. With or without extra technologies, a fuller listening experience can be achieved by using the additional center channel for dialogue clarity and the two rear speakers.
What about JBL soundbars?
Our Opinion. The JBL Bar 9.1 excels in a variety of settings. Thanks to its subwoofer, it boasts a balanced sound profile right out of the box with a little bit more bass. Whether you're watching a movie or listening to music, its detachable satellites contribute to a more immersive listening experience.