A payment gateway is an offline or online company that pays with a card/debit card. A payment gateway is a tool for businesses to confirm customer card details. Even if you have two key pieces of software, a payment processor and a merchant account to process card transactions - if you don't have a payment gateway, you can't accept payments. Fortunately, many vendors offer comprehensive solutions. So, what is an international payment gateway? Simple. Businesses that accept international payments will need a global/multi-currency payment gateway, also known as an international payment gateway.
The best international payment gateway.
Now that you know what an international online payment gateway is, it's important to understand your options. Here is our brief rundown of the best international payment gateway company providers for UK businesses:
1. Paypal – is a household name. PayPal is one of the most trusted options for selling online. It's easy to set up (great for small businesses and startups), and its high profile can help your business inspire confidence in potential buyers. Additionally, paypal is available in over 200 countries and supports 25 currencies, which means it's a truly global choice for businesses looking for an international payment gateway provider.
2. Worldpay - Worldpay is an integrated payment processor that helps you process credit card payments directly from your app or website. It is one of the most widely used international payment gateways in the UK. It supports more than 120 currencies from customers all over the world. However, Worldpay does require relatively long contracts. If you choose to close your account early, you may be charged an early termination fee.
3. Sage pay – Sagepay provides two tiers of services (for SMEs and big businesses). Sagepay is widely regarded as one of the best international payment gateways in the world. It can process payments in over 25 different currencies and allows you to accept credit/debit card payments from all major credit card companies.
4.Braintree - Although Braintree belongs to paypal, their mode of operation is completely different. In short, Braintree provides you with a personal business account so that you can process transactions. Covering more than 45 countries, it is an excellent choice for companies in the international payment gateway market.
5. Stripe – Compared to many other international payment gateway providers, Stripe offers payment gateways in a range of applications. This means you will have full control and can easily integrate your new payment gateway into your online store. In addition, Stripe accepts payments in more than 135 currencies and provides extensive support for local payments.
6. Amazon pay – is relatively new to the payments space, but Amazon pay is still a good choice for anyone looking for an international payment gateway with the lowest cost and a simple interface. In addition, it provides your business with extensive multi-currency capabilities and the perfect platform for international expansion.
7.Ayden – Ayden provides global payment solutions covering over 30 different currencies from around the world, making it an excellent choice for businesses expanding into new territories. International online payment gateways allow you to accept multiple payment methods, giving customers the online shopping experience they expect.
8.checkout.com-checkout.com is an innovative solution to link merchant accounts with payment gateways. It supports payments in 159 countries. Although more expensive, checkout.com is a good solution for low-volume merchants.
9.2checkout – allows you to accept payments from over 200 different markets in Europe. European businesses looking for an international payment gateway provider is a good option. Also, 2checkout has no monthly fee, which means it may be more affordable than some big brands.
10.Authorize.net - Founded in 1996, Authorize.net is a highly customizable solution for businesses looking for an international payment gateway. It's important to note, though, that Authorize.net can only help businesses based in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, and Europe accept international payments, which means it's probably less viable than others on the list.
What is the best international payment gateway for my business?
As you can see, there are many excellent international payment gateway providers to choose from. There are many factors to consider when you weigh your options. Think about how much it will cost you, how long it will take you to start collecting funds, how much customer support you may need, and whether you are reviewing whether international payment gateways can successfully integrate with your company's other accounting solutions. Then, choose the option that best suits your business.