- Life Style
- 3 minutes to quickly learn what SEO and SEM are, what the distinctions are, and what the benefits and drawbacks are.
SEO and SEM are two methods for obtaining accurate search traffic and seo company in singapore customer acquisition from search engines. The simple difference is that SEO is a natural ranking, whereas SEM is a paid ranking. There are many similarities between the two, but they must not be included in the relationship.
First, what exactly are SEO and SEM?
1. SEO explanation
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) refers to the application of search engine rules, through internal and external website alterations and optimization, to improve the natural ranking of the website, mostly by technological means to get search traffic.
SEO is a three-way game involving websites, search engines, and rivals, so performing a good job of SEO requires not only doing a good job with their own websites, but also understanding the basic principles of search engine operation and analyzing the condition of competitors in the sector.
In general, SEO entails the optimization of a website's overall features, including on-site and off-site optimization, such as website structure, keywords, content, code, external links, and so on.
2, the definition of SEM
SEM: Search Engine Marketing (Search Engine Marketing), also known as bidding, refers to the use of people's reliance on search engines and habits, in which people retrieve information when the information will be delivered to the target user, primarily through paid advertising means to obtain search traffic directly.
Simply defined, SEM bidding is directly through paid advertising to swiftly boost ranking; the operation will be relatively basic and rough, but this approach is not easy, as it will entail keyword processing, content creativity, landing page design, data analysis, and other processing.
Furthermore, while both SEO and SEM are engaged in keyword selection, data analysis, and other material, they are extremely distinct, more like an intersecting connection, with just a portion of the content overlapping. As a result, SEO and SEM optimization suggestions will cover a wide range of topics.
Second, there are variances between SEO and SEM.
In fact, while SEO and SEM each have their own set of pros and limitations, they may also be employed in tandem in the construction of a website customer acquisition plan, depending on the actual condition of the firm to identify which advertising approach is more appropriate. Here's a closer look at the distinctions between the two:
1. the two points in common:
Assist the corporate website in achieving higher ranks and attracting traffic to the business website
It is necessary to study keywords and cover prominent search phrases in order to understand your website's audience.
The requirement for ongoing testing and optimization
According to the findings, the two aims are the same, with just a little different procedure and means.
2, the two distinct points:
(1) directional precision
SEO: cannot be directed, geographical, gender, age, and other attribute constraints cannot be controlled, but this does not indicate that traffic is not accurate; traffic accuracy is as high as the layout of the right keywords.
SEM: random orientation, geographical region, time, education, and other categories of individuals can be specified for targeted advertising.
(2) the speed with which findings are obtained
SEO: sluggish results, regular ranking on the top page to 3 to 6 months, technology is better 1 to 3 months, if there is a quick row may be a week, but there is a danger.
SEM: immediate results, as long as the investment budget allows for advertising on the top page to appear promptly, and the ability to manage the ranking position through bidding.
(3) SEO promotion stability: good stability, as long as it is not a fast-row technique and the Baidu algorithm is not changed, the general content of high-quality technology, ranking for a long time will be more stable, may be maintained for many months or even longer.
SEM: It will remain reasonably steady, but after others bid higher, the ranking will be dropped appropriately.
(4) traffic persistence SEO: traffic persistence is strong, as long as the site is properly maintained and no unlawful activities are carried out, the payout period is usually several months, if some specialist sectors for a longer length of time, or even a year, two, or three years.
SEM: traffic persistence is poor; as long as the account budget is minimal or the promotion is tentative, the power soon drops to zero or even zero.
(5) SEO cost investment: low-cost input, less than 10% of the cost of a year SEM bidding, more money if they have some website optimization technology, but also to estimate the cost of time.
SEM: high cost of inputs, and the cost of various industries is also different, a click on the unit price to be a few dollars or even hundreds of dollars, and the cost is still growing year by year due to bidding reasons.
(6) SEO for impact monitoring: effect monitoring requires the use of third-party solutions, and effect monitoring is quite difficult.
SEM: You can observe the effect of the promotion in the background, such as expenditure, display, click, conversion, and other statistics.